Monday, March 3, 2008

Waiting Mode

I'm in official waiting mode on my writing.
I have the proposals out there, just like the empty chairs.
Now I am waiting for them to either be taken or rejected. Preferably the former and NOT the latter, of course.
But waiting mode can be difficult for a writer. Especially if you have a variety of projects out there and nothing yet has been selected. You have a number of proposals all lined in a row, on editors' desks or in their computer folders, along with many other hopeful writers. Hoping, praying that yours has the zing to lift it out of the dead end zone and to the land of the living.
So what do you do in the meantime? Well, today with the nice weather I got on my work gloves and began to clean out the garden beds. I will be planning a trip later this month with our teen church group. I will be going on a hike Wednesday to commemorate the first anniversary of my hike with my son on the Appalachian Trail. I will likely have several manuscripts to judge in a writing contest. And blogs to read, people to meet online. Spring cleaning to do.
But I do go back to those things God has put in my my heart. Writing. Projects. Waiting, wondering what will happen. But maintaining hope. And hope does not disappoint.

No comments: