Monday, July 14, 2008

Off I Go, Into the Wild, Blue Yonder...

...To the trail, that is.

No, it is not a repeat of what I did last year - six months of it, along the Appalachian Trail. Actually my hubby and I are planning a three day excursion into the Dolly Sods region of West Virginia beginning tomorrow. The Dolly Sods is a pristine wilderness that reminds us of far northern regions with its scrub brush of mt laurel, blueberries, and vistas. Sometimes it is good to escape the real world for a time and bask in the beauty of God's creation. I have been feeling a little dry as it is in my quiet and prayer time. I know how close I felt to God when in His creation, especially last year on the AT. So I am eager to use this time away for thinking as well as enjoying what He has made.

If your Christian walk is getting dry for you, then slip away into another place, like maybe a walk in the woods. There is nothing more rejuvenating, readying you for whatever else life has waiting in its wings.

No comments: