Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm Cranky...

Okay, I know you have gotten days like this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets them. We have had quite a November already - in fact I was telling my husband tonight that it's okay by me if November disappears (even though this month we celebrate his birthday and tomorrow is our 19th wedding anniversary - and of course, next week is Thanksgiving of all things!). But the month started out bad with family issues and still seems to be running the gauntlet of trials and tests. Appliances and cars exploding. Tax issues. Assorted health thingies (is thingie even a word?). I am like the little girl above, being served a dish of yucky, stringy green trials and tribs and saying with a pout, "I don't want any!"

I know last week I talked about the necessity of prayer. And that is still so important, especially when one is feeling the way I am tonight. But we are emotional beings. God made us that way. There will be times that,yes, we are feeling out of sorts. That the pressures are big and seemingly insurmountable. And the best thing to do is get real with them. Like I am doing tonight. Talking about it. Saying that this is tough and the way seems cloudy. I'm sure Job in the Bible felt the same way. He took his complaints to God. And God answered them, not only with quiet rebuttals but also by the miracle of restoration.

So in crankiness can come the hope of restoration. That I might be the deer panting, wondering, yearning to see the Lord. But hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him. For the help of His countenance. Psalm 42

No comments: