Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December Newsletter and Contest


For this week's blog, I am posting my December newsletter that went out to my readers, as well as this month's special contest and a special rate on signed books. Be sure to check it out!

Hello and welcome to the holiday newsletter for author Lauralee Bliss. It’s been quite some time since I’ve touched base with you, but rest assured I’m still busy with my writing ministry! J And through the grace of God, He has opened doors to several new books and opportunities.

NEWS

- I had the opportunity in the fall to be a part of the Philadelphia “Write His Answer” conference. I learned how to write a non fiction book proposal through a special clinic and met with editors about my first non fiction idea - a book chronicling the adventure my son and I undertook hiking the Appalachian Trail. It proved fruitful, and I had several editors express interest in the proposal which is on several desks as I write this. Please pray this book will be accepted at a major publishing house. It is a work near and dear to my heart.

- I received a contract to write a historical novella for an upcoming collection to be released next fall. The collection, “A Blue and Gray Christmas, will be novellas set during the Civil War period and published by Barbour Publishing.

- I have also heard from the editor of a new publishing house, Summerside Press, accepting my historical book proposal. The connection they have come up with – “Love Finds You In...” takes place in unique towns across the US with interesting and catchy names. My story will be set in the real town of Bethlehem, New Hampshire. This Christmas I plan to journey there and learn more about the town for this upcoming book.

- I am also working closely with my agent on other projects, namely the book on the Appalachian Trail as well as a historical series that takes place in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Still no word yet on these, but again, I covet your prayers.

Special CONTEST

For this special holiday contest, I would like to introduce you to other authors whose works I have enjoyed this past year. I am giving away three books - “The Perfect Life” by Robin Lee Hatcher, “When the Heart Cries” by Cindy Woodsmall, and “Hot Flashes and Cold Cream” by Diann Hunt. If you are receiving this newsletter by e-mail, you are already in the drawing. If you are not and would like to be included in the drawing, please send me your e-mail address along with a note that you would like to subscribe to the quarterly newsletter by Lauralee Bliss (this is to abide my anti Spam laws). Please have your entry in no later than December 19th.
Thank you for being a part of my writing ministry!

AND GREAT GIFTS for Christmas or any time!

With times tough these days, why not give the gift of a great book? Most of my titles are on sale on my website and at terrific prices. Shipping will depend on the number of books and how you wish them sent. But if you order four or more titles, I will pay for shipping! So please check out my web site for great ideas and books specially signed by me.
http://www.lauraleebliss.com/

Blog

I am writing on two blogs now – one about my hiking interest I which I have updated it with my latest adventure – hiking the trail in October through Shenandoah National Park. The second one chronicles “blissful” writing, that is, my thoughts on writing, a writer’s life which can have its many ups and downs, as well as announcing upcoming books and contests.


Wishing you a most blessed Christmas and a New Year filled with God’s mercy, grace, and peace.

Lauralee Bliss

Website: http://www.lauraleebliss.com/
I am also on Shoutlife and Facebook! Come be my friend.

No comments: