Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love is in the Air in Bethlehem, New Hampshire and Moab, Utah!

Ah, the week of love. Valentine's week. And a week also when I want to share about some of my upcoming romance titles I'm writing - one historical and one contemporary, east and west.

The first is Love Finds You in Bethlehem, New Hampshire. This book was recently contracted by Summerside Press, a brand new publisher out on the market. Their vision is to bring to life real towns with interesting names. I picked the town of Bethlehem as I love the setting - a quaint town nestled near the awesome splendor of the White Mountains. But I had no idea what kind of fascinating history Bethlehem has until I looked further. It was, for instance, the place in the late 1800s where people from the cities came to relax and enjoy the fresh air and mountain scenery.

The town boasted numerous hotels and guest houses to accommodate the influx of holiday travelers (such as the famous hotel pictured above called The Maplewood). The town also held a "Coaching Parade" every August to showcase elaborately decorated coaches for curious onlookers. Little did I know that the romantic tale I wished to weave in a far off New England town also had plenty of interesting history to bring to life. Look for updates to this book in the coming months, with its scheduled release slated for October, 2009.

The second book I'm working on is the first in a series of contemporary romances for Heartsong Presents, set in the scenic state of Utah. I'm writing a version of the prodigal son where the son of a successful Virginia peanut farmer decides life is not what its cracked up to be. He leaves farm and family to head for Utah. There he joins a rafting company in Moab in the hopes of finding adventure, love, and a purpose in life. But what he learns is lessons in humility and what real life is all about on his own personal island. Look for Cast Away coming in late 2009 or early 2010.

To learn more about these and other books, sign up for my newsletter via my web site where I share about my upcoming releases and giveaways as well!

No comments: