Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Travels for Book Research

One of the great perks as a writer is being able to research books in fascinating places. Just a few weeks ago, I was able to take a trip to Utah to research my upcoming three book series for Heartsong Presents. I went to Arches National Park to the North and South windows, pictured above, which are featured in the first book of the series, Cast Away. There is nothing like adding another dimension to your book by actually walking the very places where your characters will walk. I can add description, emotion, and other aspects to the book that normally would have required research on the Internet and images created out of my imagination. It brings realism to the work, knowing that these are the actual places the characters are enjoying. And it brings to life the scene for the readers and hopefully encourage them to travel to these wonderful places in our great country.

Delicate Arch, Arches National Park, Utah

No comments: