Monday, August 3, 2009

Some New Promo Ideas


I've spent the last week gathering some new promo ideas and places to showcase my books. If you look at my blog, you will see a new widget for a group called Goodreads where readers share reviews and comments on books they have read. I have a link to my web site and I am able to connect with readers on a more personal level as I share my thoughts on the books I have read or will read.

Other widgets I have displayed include my Facebook account as well as Twitter. These are other places to network with both writers and readers. I also have accounts at Tangle, Linked In, and Shoutlife.

On the bottom of my blog is my newest addition - a "carousel" widget from Amazon that displays several of my many books for sale. I have also set up an author page on Amazon detailing a biography as well as a list of my books for sale. While all this has taken time to do, I realize it's important as an author not only to write books but to make certain others know that the books I have written are available. The Internet is an invaluable tool to reach a great many people world wide with our work. And the more places we advertise ourselves as writers, the better chance we have of readers connecting with us and our work.

If you have a favorite site to connect with your readers, I would love to hear about it!

No comments: