Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Peace-Filled Way

I am a day late posting this but learning quite a bit what it means to deal in peace. This was my word for the New Year, 2010. Above is a peaceful scene - the silent fall of snow from the sky, a major snow we had back in December, though 2 feet of snow in one blow also makes for interesting times!

When the New Year arrives, I spend time with God seeking out His word for me. And this year, peace rings out. Especially the verse in John 14 from the Amplified edition: "Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]" I like how the Amplified brings out more in the verse--stop allowing yourself to be agitated, disturbed, fearful, intimidated. How often we allow situations to arise in our lives where the power of peace is sapped, and we are overcome with worry, anxiety, fretfulness. Already this New Year I have found myself challenged by this verse to stay in God's peace despite what is going on around me. To not give way to doubt and fear. To allow His strength to move me from glory to glory.

I pray that you will seek God out for a mighty revelation for this year. See what word He has for you. And meditate on it continually as you walk out the New Year with Him.

Next week I will be featuring a guest blogger who will be blogging on "Finding a Character's Voice." Don't miss it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the idea of claiming one word as your New Year's resolution. May have to try this myself!