Friday, December 31, 2010

A Year I Didn't Expect

As this year closes, I wanted to take a bit of time to reflect on 2010.

The year did not turn out the way I thought it would. I began 2010 with high expectations in my writing career. I thought a book would go through with a major publisher that did not. Instead, I was led on a 1500 mile journey back on the Appalachian Trail, a southbound journey that went over and beyond my expectations. I hiked solo for many weeks but discovered new friends and new places I will not soon forget. You can read about my journey here.





2010 saw us welcome a new member to our family - our blue tick coon hound, Eve, from the shelter. She is doing very well after a few months of intense training, and we love her.



2010 also saw my husband prosper in his business and my three books set in the state of Utah published.



I always wonder what a New Year will bring. But this year I have expectations of good things. I serve an awesome God Who has my best interests at heart. I know He will lead me and guide me for His name's sake. And so I welcome 2011 with my eyes looking upward and my determination set to do all I can with the time that is given to me.

Happy 2011!

No comments: