Monday, February 14, 2011

Day of Romance

These are the two-tone roses my husband gave me for Valentine's Day. The red is for love, the white, he said, for purity.

On this day of love, celebrated on Valentine's Day, I'd like to reflect on my writing. Why I chose to write Christian romance. You see, writing about romance and love is not a new idea. Or an idea only some have and others do not. Love is really God's idea. He created love. Love is all throughout the Bible. We can love others because He first loved us. And every day God instructs me on the purpose of love.Which is why the chapter on love, found in 1 Corinthians 13 is very much magnified in day to day living. Of love being patient in adversity. Kind when it may be easier to be unkind. To not hold a grudge when it can be difficult to forgive. Is long suffering. Has many attributes to it that I, as a writer, have seen with others and want to portray in my books. How love believes, bears up, hopes, and endures. I have written stories where love is patient. Long suffering. Can forgive. Leads to lasting relationships and marriage. But yes, can have its rocky times. Can be severely tested. Can be thrown into the midst of battle to see if love prevails. But in the end, love always wins. Just as the Bible paints so vividly, that love conquers all, to an everlasting love we will celebrate with God and His Son in heaven. That we can love because God first loved us. I pray that God will allow me to continue writing about love in books. That He will refresh me with new ideas on how to express that love so that I and others might continue in it, as long as we live.

Happy Valentines Day!

Feel free to visit my web site to learn more about my romance novels.

No comments: