Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Prayers and Answers


Cross of Comfort during my Appalachian Trail Hike in '07, PA

Today was a day of prayer. I had multiple things going on, mostly family-wise, that required some deep intercession. So my husband and I took time away from all the busyness of needing to get things ready for his work to pray for these many situations. Prayer is really letting go of what bothers us and resting them in God's capable hands. It is a way to put faith into action. To look at things above, which is what I read about today in my time of scripture reading. To cast all our cares onto Him for He cares for us. And tonight I have seen some fruit of answered prayer. Not that I was concerned He would or would not answer. But that He would answer in His most perfect timing and in the way He sees fit.
II Corinthians 4: 17, 18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.


Important Date! The week of March 13, Blissful Writing Thoughts welcomes LISA HARRIS with some wonderful giveaway and thoughts from a popular Christian fiction author! Don't miss out! Be sure to subscribe to this feed here on blogger via Feedblitz or visit my Reader's List on Facebook.

No comments: