Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wisdom and Holiday Cheer from Guest Margaret Daley!

 Blissful Life Journey welcomes guest Margaret Daley introducing her Christmas novel, His Holiday Family and with some words of wisdom concerning this hectic time of year. 
For extra holiday cheer, Margaret is offering a copy of her book! Leave a comment below in answer to Margaret's question along with your e-mail address to enter! 



This time of year can be so hectic and busy that we don't take the time to really enjoy what is going on. To savor the moment, especially with our friends and family. I was feeling that way until I saw my granddaughters. They changed everything. I love watching them play--no cares, using their imaginations. Being with them is an adventure.

Then tonight I watched the Christmas show of Glee. At the end one of the characters was supposed to tell the story about Frosty the Snowman. He didn't. He decided instead to read the story in the Bible of Christ's birth. Again I was reminded about why I should stop and enjoy this time.

It's moments like the two above that point to what is important in life.

Have you ever had moments like that is the midst of a hectic time? 

Margaret Daley, an award-winning author of eighty-one books, has been married for over forty years and is a firm believer in romance and love. When she isn’t traveling, she’s writing love stories, often with a suspense thread and corralling her three cats that think they rule her household. To find out more about Margaret visit her website.
 

When Hurricane Naomi tears through a small Mississippi town, a daring rescue unites two heroes. Nurse Kathleen Hart is a single mom racked by guilt over her husband's death. Firefighter Gideon O'Brien—orphaned as a young boy—has lost too many people he cared for. To rise above the storm's devastation, Gideon helps Kathleen and her sons rebuild their home. As Christmas approaches, they discover that even the strongest of storms can't destroy a romance built on the foundation of faith.

Don't forget to leave an answer to Margaret's question along with your e-mail address to enter the book drawing! Ends December 21st at 9 PM, est.

(Update) Kathleen is the winner! 
Thanks everyone for visiting Blissful Life Journey and be sure to sign up for this blog to come to your Inbox.




Void where prohibited. For US residents only. Odds at winning depends on number of entries received 

14 comments:

Ms. Kathleen said...

I missed Glee but I am THRILLED to hear they read the Christmas story. That must have taken some pull by a powerful producer. The holidays do get hectic but I to love those reminders of what the season is all about. Merry Christmas!

http://theemptynestexpress.com

Joy said...

When I read your question, I immediately though of this Christmas season. I was worried about how we were going to be able to buy gifts for our 4 kids. Then I remembered that the main gift had already been given. God sent His Son. Yes, I am reminded often the real meaning. Thank you for sharing your story. jumpforjoy@gmail.com

Margaret Daley said...

Joy and Kathleen, I love those reminders of what Christmas is all about.

Jo said...

I have never watched Glee but that sounds like one I would have enjoyed. We all need to remember the reason for the season and not the gifts that we buy or receive.

Blessings,
Jo
ladijo40(at)aol(dot)com

Robin Bayne said...

I don't watch Glee but love that moment! I am sure I have some similar but can't think of one right now. Merry Christmas!

karenk said...

merry christmas margaret...thanks for the opportunity to read your christmas novel.

i try not to let the commericalism of christmas get in my way of the true meaning of christmas.

lauralee...merry christmas to you and yours, too ;)

karenk
kmkuka at yahoo dot com

Jackie S. said...

I think a big part of Christmas is remembering those who are confined in nursing homes, etc. Yesterday, at a class lunch, I was able to give a lady's (in assisted living...out of town) address to a lady who had lost contact with her. I am anxious to read Margaret's book.....love her writing!! Thanks!.
jackie.smith[at]dishmail[dot]net

Kimberly said...

Hmm. I'm sure I have had moments like that, but right now I can't think of one. I love the cover of your book, and it sounds like a great story. Please enter me.
kimberlyj503atgmaildotcom

Merry said...

I love the moments during the Christmas season we take as a family to just enjoy simple things together. Listening to music and singing along as we bake cookies, cutting out snowflakes, playing games, going caroling or delivering a little bags of cheer to people we love. Merry Christmas, Margaret!
worthy2bpraised at gmail dot com

Jackie said...

I've been impressed with how often I've caught the Christmas story or songs of Jesus' birth on TV this month. I've tried to slow down and spend more time with my family and put my writing on hold. My granddaughter turned 2, and my youngest son is home from college. I keep telling myself to stop and enjoy those around me. I am truly blessed. Merry Christmas!
Jackie
joyfuljel(at)gmail(dot)com

Tamara Cooper said...

This year is very lean for us. With our adopted grandchildren (3 little boys), I try to bake a lot. They love helping me in the kitchen, and we have a sweet [:->] time together. I want to keep things simple for them: the Gift has already been given. What makes the season special is how we handle each day, not in buying presents so much as spending time with our family and friends. Merry Christmas to all. tamarawrites(at)hotmail(dot)com

Rhonda Gibson said...

Hi Margaret,

I have to agree my grandgirls remind me of the joy of Christmas and I love them for it. Today I listed to the song Mary Did You Know on the radio and was once more reminded of why we celebrate the season.

Today I purchased your book for my Sony ereader to read on the way home or on the way back depending on how much grandgirl #2 lets me read on the trip.

Margaret Daley said...

Merry Christmas to you all.

Lauralee Bliss said...

Kathleen is the winner! Thanks everyone for stopping by!